Filling an Appeal

KT Legal Update: Remember the words of Les Brown "It ain't over until I win!". So, it ain't over yet. I just talked with my legal team. Here is the situation. We are filing another appeal to the entire 7th Circuit Court of Appeals asking ALL the judges to review my appeal and issue a new decision in my favor (this is called filing Au Banc).
I SHOULD win on the legal issues which clearly are in my favor. First, the 7th Cir must agree to hear my case. That is a long shot. They usually say no. Then, if they do hear my case, for them to overrule the initial 3 Judge panel that ruled against me is also a long shot.
But, ALL things are possible for those who believe! Next, if the Au Banc (entire 7th Cir) does not hear my case, OR if they do and still rule against me, then I will be filing with the Supreme Court. So, one of the first steps is to ask the entire 7th Cir to hear my case. I will know that answer within a few months and update you. Again, if they say no, I will be filing with the Supreme Court. I am also going to be filing within the next few months, a petition with the President to have my sentence communed (which means lowered). That is also a long shot, but does happen.
The point is that this is not over. Most people who have had ultimate victory and vindication were knocked down early on their quest. As I have said many times, no matter what the conditions or circumstances, never feel like a victim, take 100% responsibility, learn the lessons from the experience, be in a constant state of thankfulness, gratefulness and appreciation, and be blissfully happy where you are at.

Find the gold in everything, Look for, find, and focus on the silver lining in your current situation. Know that you don't know what you don't know, and that most of the things coming your way are off the radar screen anyway.

Feel good right now. Be happy. Be thankful. Love yourself and love everyone and everything in your world, without condition and without exception. Live in, and totally enjoy the moment. Live in and experience fully the NOW. Know that I am at total peace and enjoying fully my wonderful exciting life and adventure! Thank you for your support and encouragement. Know that I am living my dreams in more ways than you can imagine and all is very, very well! 

One of our fellow inmates is a Christian TV Evangelist. He is serving a 3 year sentence for some kind of white collar "crime". Since the day he arrived he has been complaining about how horrible this experience is (he was never arrested, put in a real jail cell, or even handcuffed; he was allowed to simply self surrender here to the camp).
He is miserable most of the time. You would think he was being tortured everyday by the guards, given nothing to eat, and forced to work 16 hours 

16 hours a day in a slave labor POW camp. His constant "oh poor me" attitude, and how horribly he is suffering is actually amazing to watch.

While most of the men would prefer to be home with their families, all would agree that we are not in a "prison". We are in a very comfortable "camp" that is more like a college dorm living situation and campus or a military "barracks" type set up.

Everything in life is simply what you make of it. Everything you are dealing with is what you decide it will be. You and only you have to power to decide how you are going to react or respond to whatever you are facing in your life.

A discussion stated about being optimistic or pessimistic. The usual arguments about "realistic" and dealing with the facts and the true undeniable reality were vigorously debated.
Then came up the analogy of the glass being half empty or half full. Everyone had an interesting opinion. I simply listened to this discussion and remained silent. No one asked my opinion therefore I felt no need to give one. I listened intently and tried to understand and appreciate everyone's various viewpoints and ideas. I learned a lot.

As the "debate" was winding to a close, one of my friends said as a matter of fact "you all are missing the point about the glass being half full or half empty. That does not matter. What matters is you can always refill the glass!" Everyone was silent.
I smiled, so thankful for being given this wonderful new example of TRUTH. Much love..KT